RESOURCE CENTER FOR DIFFERENTLY ABLED
The Learning capacity of children with special needs can be enhanced significantly by providing meaningful simulation at the right stage regardless of age or severity of the challenging condition(s).
- To make the children with special needs happy and independent individuals with the help of innovative methods learning techniques and tools.
- To enable the children to face the challenges of the world of their own.
- To prepare the children to become self-reliant functional citizens of the society as adults.
- Atmosphere is created to enhance self esteem of special need children and promote inclusive Environment.
The center uses a variety of programmes and activities aimed at developing academics, social skills, emotional development, behavioral modification, communication and self help skills in children of various ages groups according to their level of capability potential and needs.
The department has trained special educators, who provide specific, Individualized Education Programme (IEP). Student to teacher ratio is kept low, often 8:1 or lower depending upon the need of the children. The classrooms are self contained with all the resources required for the all-round development of children with special needs.
Children, whose learning needs cannot be appropriately met in regular classrooms and require specialized help are also provided the level of support they require by the RCDA. At the same time students from RCDA department are integrated in the mainstream school when the special educators indicates student readiness.
EMPHASIS IS LAID ON THE FOLLOWING AREAS
- DEVELOPMENT OF SELF-HELP SKILLS.
- ACADEMICS: English, Hindi, Mathematics, Environmental Sciences, Social Sciences, Computer Literacy, General Knowledge.
- SKILLS TRADES: Housekeeping, cookery, dance and theatre, Yoga/Aerobics, Arts and Craft and Music.
- PHYSICAL FITNESS AND TRAINING.
- SOCIALIZATION SKILLS.
- SPEECH AND LANGUAGE DEVELOPMENT
Children with special needs are admitted at the entry level only. Once diagnosed provision to provide remedial help is made according to the need of the students.
Assessment of the needs is done by the panel of specialists.