SIMPLICITY & SERVICE, PURITY & PRAYER
Sadhu Vaswani International School for Girls
School hours 7:40 a.m. to 1:40 p.m.
VISION STATEMENT OF SVISG
Sadhu Vaswani International School for Girls aims to be a centre for holistic and integral development epitomizing world class education and transforming the girl child into global citizens by fostering Courage, Compassion, Character and Commitment as envisioned by Sadhu Vaswani.
MISSION STATEMENT OF SVISG
To create a belief and determination to work towards holistic and integral development of our Girls by motivating them to follow the motto of 'Simplicity and Service; Purity and Prayer'.
SEVEN PILLARS OF EDUCATION
- Reverence for All Life.
- Reverence for the Spirit of Education.
- Love for Nature.
- Character Building.
- Spiritual Unfolding.
- Love for Indian Ideals.
- Living for Others.
Sadhu Vaswani International School for Girls Delhi was established in 1987, is one of the many educational institutions which the Sadhu Vaswani Mission started all over India & abroad. It is a progressive school based on Indian thought process, culture, tradition & the educational ideals of Sadhu Vaswani.
The school is situated in Shantiniketan on 2.5 acres of land with extra land as playgrounds. The school grounds are beautifully landscaped. The classrooms are spacious and well-ventilated. Well-equipped Laboratories, Digital Maths Laboratory, Multi Media Lab, Computerised Interactive Class Rooms, Science Park, Library, Sanctuary Hall, Auditorium, Music and Dance Rooms, Art-craft room and Activity room are the other facilities provided by the School.
The School lays emphasis on games and extracurricular activities which include Music, Dance, Art and Craft, Gardening, Clay Modelling, Tae-kwon-Do, Yoga, Aerobics, NCC, Computer Science, Theatre Craft, Public Speaking, Media Literary etc. for developing life skills. Among many sports activities in the school are Badminton, Chess, Skating, Kho-Kho, Basket Ball, Volley Ball, Throwball and Athletics.
The aim of our school is to impart integrated & comprehensive education which is formative & not merely informative. It lays emphasis on all around development of student’s character & personality, which should lead them to face challenges successfully in life and be victorious in every sphere. Our school curriculum strikes the balance of knowledge, skills, attitude to enhance life skills among our students and ultimately through them to a larger world. With scholastic achievements they have proved themselves in different professions like Medical, Engineering, Law, Finance, Business Administration etc.
SCHEME OF EDUCATION
The school is affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education under the 10 + 2 scheme of education. It prepares students for All Indian Secondary School (Class X) and the All India Senior School Certificate (Class XII) examinations.
POLICY ON ENVIRONMENT CONSERVATION
Keeping in view, the global concerns of the environment degradation, various activities have been designed to promote conservation of natural resources as reflected in the educational philosophy of Sadhu Vaswani. The seven Pillars of Education illustrates the Reverence for All Life and Love for Nature. We aim to sensitize and arouse concern for environmental principles among our students. The process emphasizes of minimizing waste, saving energy and water, using public transport and protecting our bio-diversity. Through programs like Meatless Day, we stimulate in the students commitment for environmental conservation. The School’s policy involves innovative methods and techniques to create awareness for sustainable development.
For A.I.S.S.E. (Class X)
English, Hindi/Sindhi/Sanskrit, Mathematics, Integrated Social Science, Integrated Science, Physical and Health Education, Art Education, Work Experience (Computer).
FOR A.I.S.S.E. (Class XII)
Medical - English Core, Chemistry, Physics, Biology/Home Science/Economics, Mathematics/Legal Studies/Bio-technology/Physical Education/Painting, General Studies, Physical and Health Education, Work Experience (Computer)
Non-Medical - English Core, Chemistry, Physics, Computer Science/Economics, Mathematics/Physical Education/Painting, General Studies, Physical and Health Education, Work Experience (Computer)
English Core, Business Studies, Accountancy, Economics, Mathematics/Informatics Practices/Legal Studies/Physical Education/Painting, General Studies, Physical and Health Education, Work Experience (Computer)
English Core, Political Science, Economics/Home Science, Psychology, Mathematic/Informatics Practices/Legal Studies/Physical Education/Painting, General Studies, Physical and Health Education, Work Experience (Computer)
The school offers various activities to students in order to excel in various competencies.
Aerobics, Astronomy, Band, Chess, Commercial Art and Handicrafts, Community Service and Interact, Connecting Classroom, Dance, Film making & Graphics, Animation, French, Gardening, Eco Club & Science, Health and Wellness, Heritage and GK, Instrumental Music + Guitar, Information Technology (IT), Legal Literacy and Consumer Awareness, Maths, MUN, NCC, Paper Sculpting & Clay, Public Speaking / Theatre Craft, Roller Skating, Sindhi, Sports (Handball, Basket ball, Volley ball, Kho-Kho, Athletics), STEM, Taek-wondo, Vocal Music, Yoga, Sanskrit, Creative Writing
Trips, tours and trekking expeditions are organized during the school holidays with a view to develop a spirit of adventure and love of open air, giving students an insight into the variety, diversity and unity of our land. The school also organizes day long educational trips from time to time.
For admission to classes other than Nursery, the admission tests followed by interactions are held in February/March.
- It is compulsory for all students to attend the sanctuary in the morning. Students should arrive in the school 10 minutes before the school time. A fine of Rs. 20 per day will be charged from the late-comers. No student will be allowed to enter in the school after 8.00 a.m.
- It is obligatory for students to attend every class as per the time table.
- No child shall leave the school premises during regular school hours. Half day leave will not be allowed. Appointment with doctors and other engagements should not be fixed during school hours.
- All students must come to school in the proper specified uniform.
- Any students falling short 75% attendance will not be allowed to appear for the Final Examination.
- Parents are requested to verify the attendance for their ward regularly, especially during the parent teacher meetings.
LEAVE OF ABSENCE
- A leave application signed by the parent or guardian should be sent preferably on the day absence but definitely through the child on the following day.
- A fine of Rs. 20 per day will be charged if the student absents herself from the school more than once a month without submitting a medical certificate.
- If the student is absent without intimation for a period of 6 days, her name will be struck off from the school. This should be indicated on the medical certificate.
- Students suffering from any infectious disease must complete the quarantine period before re-joining the school. This should be indicated on the medical certificate.
All children undergo an annual Medical Check-up by the school doctors in the school premises.
SCHOOL UNIFORM SHOP
It is mandatory for all parents to purchase the uniform from the authorized dealer. The uniform shop will remain open from 10.15 a.m. to 11.30 a.m. in the school.
- On all working days of April, July and October.
- On working Tuesdays, Fridays and Saturdays in all other months.
SCHOOL BOOK SHOP
The school book-shop will remain open all working days between 10.30 a.m. to 11.30 a.m. and between 10.30 a.m. to 11.30 a.m. on the first and third Saturdays.
The school offers several free ships to deserving students on merit and need basis. To avail freeship, the student must score a Grade B2 and above and apply for the freeship latest by 15th April.